It’s almost like every time you turn around you hear a Republican or Fox News pundit whine about how the “Mainstream Media” is in the pocket of this administration or that the “Mainstream Media” is in the pocket of the Democrats. Sarah Palin has started a whole new movement of ignoring the “Lamestream media” and only speaking with Fox news. She says because they’re just so unbiased and fair.Not like the democrat’s media that… well.. asks real questions. That’s what it boils down to, one media asks questions so they are shunned over the media that doesn’t ask. It’s nothing to do with who is in whose pocket, all you have to do is read the news to see that..
“..believes in the power of free markets, and the RGA’s pro-business agenda supports our priorities at this most critical time for our economy.”
That, would seem to lead credence to anyone questioning just how ‘fair and balanced’ they are in reporting the news. Now, add in Fox News on-air personalities fund-raising for Republicans,headlining rallies for Republicans,starting and promoting Republican/Tea Party political movements and the idea of ‘Fair’ or ‘Balance’ becomes a joke. The joke only grows when you add in NPR’s latest memo in regards to it’s employees and Jon Stewart’s Rally to Restore Sanity.
“NPR journalists may not participate in marches and rallies involving causes or issues that NPR covers, nor should they sign petitions or otherwise lend their name to such causes, or contribute money to them.”
Well, isn’t that odd. NPR, the liberal media keeping journalistic integrity alive, while Fox News not only shits on it, but does so with a smile on their face.
No, Republican and Tea people only going on Fox has nothing to do with being actually interviewed and there isn’t a shred of journalistic integrity in any of it. Instead it has everything to do with more promotion of the Republican Brand, because as Rupert Murdoch’s spokesperson said, it’s all about the Republicans and Tea Party supporting his priorities, while the Democrats don’t.
You’re not getting “Fair and Balanced” news, you’re getting puff-pieces one mans wants you to get. If you think this is “Fair and Balanced” then what do you think Karl Rove,Sean Hannity, Bill-O, Megan Fox, and Fox and Friends would say if Keith Olbermann or Brain Williams showed up as headliners for a Democratic National Convention? Or went on the road raising campaign funds for President Obama? Would they cry that that’s solid proof of the Mainstream media being in cahoots with the Democrats? Exactly, they would weep over this to any one who would listen, as they should. But if there’s one thing we know about Fox and the Republicans it’s “Do as I say, not as I do”…
- News Corp’s shamelessness (washingtonmonthly.com)
- Dropping An Already-Thin Pretense, Cont’d (washingtonmonthly.com)
- Cenk Uygur: Fox News Came Out of the Closet Tonight (videocafe.crooksandliars.com)
- Rupert Murdoch: Republican Donations ‘In The Best Interest Of The Company…And The Country’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- In Hannity’s America, Fox News Allows On-Air Fundraisers For Republicans (mediaite.com)
- Dems: Fox needs disclaimer — We gave to GOP (seattlepi.com)
- News Corp Gave $1 Million To Chamber Of Commerce Just This Summer: Report (huffingtonpost.com)
- Fox News Unmasked (andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com)
- Christine O’Donnell Warns Republican Bigwigs “I’ve got Sean Hannity in my back pocket” (themoderatevoice.com)